Wabi Iron & Steel’s mine skips are built for the safe and efficient transportation of materials. They can be manufactured in steel, stainless steel or aluminum and are treated to resist corrosion. Mining skips can be equipped with our own Wabi-designed and patented high-speed guide roller system. We can design and manufacture many styles including:
- Bottom-Dump Skips – These are lightweight, yet rugged, and fashioned to transport medium to large loads. Bottom-dump skips typically require fixed or rope guides to aid in transport. These have a long service life and can be provided in sizes ranging from 60 to 480 cubic ft.
- Kimberly Skips – These are the lightest option available and are capable of transporting large-sized muck with minimal spillage. Kimberly Skips have a long service life and are available in sizes range from 40 to 130 cubic ft.
- Front-Dump Skips – Type 1 – This design puts the least amount of stress on the head frame during the dump cycle. Type 1 Front-Dump Skips are able to transport large payloads and have an average service life. Available sizes range from 80 to 600 cubic ft.
- Front-Dump Skips – Type 2 – This type of ore skip design puts a low amount of stress on the head frame during the dump cycle. Type 2 Front-Dump Skips are able to transport large payloads, have an average service life, and can be provided in sizes from 100 to 400 cubic ft.
- Arc Gate Style Skips – The heavy and rugged design of this style provides the safest option among all ore skips. Arc Gate Style Skips have a long service life and require less maintenance compared to other skip types.
As one of the leading industrial manufacturers of loading and conveyance systems for the mining industry, Wabi Iron & Steel Corp. expertly crafts each skip with the highest quality materials. The skips that our Mine Equipment Division designs and manufactures easily meet and exceed industry standards. For clients unsure of the best skip style to suit their operations, they can consult with our engineers to review the best options available.
An Emphasis on Safety
While improved efficiency is a major benefit, safety is also a top priority for the mine haulage systems that we build. Wabi offers a Conveyance Inspection Service to ensure that the shaft conveyance equipment operated by our customers are maintained in safe and efficient working order.
For inquiries about our mine skips and haulage solutions as well as our design and engineering services, call our Ontario office at (705) 647-4383 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.